PURPOSE OF THIS NOTICE
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect and use information about you from various sources. The amount and kind of information varies with each transaction, but can come from any of the following types:
- Information from you, information you provide to us on applications, other forms, and by other means, such as your name, address, social security number, assets, income, and debt;
- Information from our experience and our affiliated companies' experience. Information about your transactions and account experiences with us our affiliated companies, such as payment history and correspondence;
- Information from the experience of the other parties, Information from other outside sources regarding their employment, credit or other relationships, account experience, or transactions with you, or verifying representations made by you, such as your employment history, credit balances, or your property or liability insurance coverage.
- Information from credit reports, Information supplied by consumer reporting agencies, such as information regarding your creditworthiness or credit history;
- Other general information, Other general information we obtain about you (such as demographic information) that is not assembled for the purpose of determining your eligibility for credit, insurance, employment or other financial products or services.
SHARING WITH OUR AFFILIATED COMPANIES
Except as noted below, we reserve the right to disclose to our affiliated companies all of the information we collect about you. Our affiliated companies may now or in the future include financial institutions (such as leasing companies, insurance companies and retailers who finance or lease goods), nonfinancial companies such as repair facilities and data processing companies and other organizations (such as non profit organizations). We observe applicable laws that limit sharing of certain kinds of information with our affiliates. For example, unless you authorize it, we do not disclose creditworthiness information about you from credit reports for marketing purposes.
SHARING WITH THIRD PARTIES
We do not share information with nonaffiliated third parties, other than described below under "Sharing for Legal and General Business Reasons and Joint Marketing."
SHARING FOR LEGAL AND GENERAL BUSINESS REASONS AND JOINT MARKETING
We may disclose all five types of Consumer Information as permitted by law. For example, this may include disclosure in connection with a subpoena or legal proceedings, a fraud investigation, recording motor vehicle registration and other documents in public records, an audit or examination, or the sale of your account to another financial institution. Other examples would include sharing Consumer Information from nonaffiliated third parties to effect, administer, or enforce the transactions you requested, or where we have your consent such as when you have requested to be contacted by other companies we work with. We also may share Consumer Information with credit bureaus and similar organizations.
Subject to laws that limit the sharing of certain kinds of information, we also reserve the right to share all five types of Consumer Information with companies who perform services or functions on our behalf, including marketing services, and with financial institutions having joint marketing agreements with us. Companies who perform services or functions on our behalf can include financial institutions (such as banks, finance companies, insurance companies and payment processing companies), nonfinancial companies (such as automobile manufacturers and data processing companies, and other organizations (such as nonprofit organizations). Unless otherwise permitted by law, our policy provides for these companies and financial institutions to be contractually obligated to keep the information that we provide to them confidential and to use it only to perform the services, functions, or joint marketing that we request.
Please keep this notice for future reference and keep it separate from privacy notices issued by other organizations.